Monday, April 23, 2012

D.R........Times Two!

Again here I am playing catch up :). Because Rob's mom works for Jet Blue we were able to fly down to the Dominican Republic for super cheap while they had an all inclusive deal doing on. It was seriously a blast. It was a good break for both of us. You can pretty much eat yourself to death because everything is all inclusive. They had this VIP beach with beds on the beach which was so cool. HOWEVER is was a nightmare to get a decent bed. The beach opened at 8:00 in the morning and if you weren't there lined up ready to get you didn't get a bed. Plus there were always some little kids running in front of you throwing shoes or a magazine on a bed to mark their territory. I may have knocked a kid or two down to get a bed...totally worth it. We snorkled and watched shows, went to some big party they throw every Sunday and basically bummed for a few days. It was great! This trip was so last minute but my friend I had booked a trip to the Dominican Republic a few months earlier for graduation so I ended up in the DR twice in a couple months. I'm telling you there is nothing like a girls getaway. We were like best friends with a guy named Juan who worked at our resort. He absolutely fell in love with Corey. He was a little devastated when the love wasn't returned. We went clubbing in a cave with a bunch of Dominicans (that was an experience) we got massages, zip lined, and even had therapeutic fish suck on our feet! I was seriously dying. Lets not forget I straight up got some Dominican braids put in. The lady told me she deserved a big present because I had so much hair. The resort would put on shows every night and Corey and I went to the shows EVERY night. We sat right up front and could not quite laughing. There ain't no show like a Dominican show. I honestly don't think I'll ever have another trip quite like that. It was fantastic. >
/>
DR round 1!! />
/>
Ouch!
/>
Round Two! />
/>
Check out those shorts! />
/>
Took out those braids pretty much the minute I got home :) />

2 comments:

  1. First of all, who goes to the Dominican Republic normally, let alone 2 times in such a short time? :) Great pics. I wish I would have been with you! Let's start planning your next get away and I'll tag along. :) I just need to get a few things taken care of first: Get you married off, give birth, get in swimsuit shape, find a sitter, save up some cash . . . . . . . So 2035? Let's do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to add that my favorite picture is of you sleeping next all of those plates of food. Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive